Friday, May 4, 2007

Balsamic Chicken

I like the flavor of these, but I would like to make them on the grill next time instead of baking them. Either that or perhaps a broiling pan with holes and a drip pan underneath so that the oil from the marinade doesn't pool in the bottom of the baking dish.

Balsamic Chicken

1 - 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used cutlets so they would be thinner and I wouldn't need to pound them out.)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp honey

1- Pound the chicken lightly until about 1/2" thick or pierce the chicken with a fork instead of pounding.
2- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
3- Add the chicken and marinate for at least 4 hours (I went for overnight.)
4- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and roast the chicken for about 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked depending on thickness.

No comments: